Hey all you surfers. My blog has moved! Check it out iffin'you want

Friday, October 13, 2006

Easy Does It - Socks

Thanks to my Autumn Secret Pal I got Crocheted Socks! and some Patons Kroy yarn. So I made these socks.

Easy Does It
All done and the feel great.


I had to do lots of adjusting to the pattern to make them fit me which has me wondering about pattern sizing. I like socks that fit on the snug side. All the finished sizes for this book are the same size as my foot so that would make a pretty big sock in the end don't you think?

Anyway by the time I was done with the sock I was using stitch count for a small sock rather than a large sock. I will probably adjust the pattern around the leg for the next pair of socks I make.

I still think the book is useful for ideas and a starting point. Just try on your socks as you go! Even better do a few socks using the free toe-patterns on line to give you a sense of the gauge you need to get your a socks on and off easily then making these socks will easier.

Top Down Socks
Here I am wearing another pair of socks I made. It was cold in the house! I have just finished the cuff of the sock and started on the leg.

Easy Does It
The leg is almost done and I am ready to do the heal flap and heel turn.


Easy Does It
They look good in my shoes too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home