Hey all you surfers. My blog has moved! Check it out iffin'you want

Saturday, May 20, 2006

One Skein Questions for C'ville Swap :)

Hi, swap mates and swap partner:) Here are my answers.

1. Which yarn is most like your personality?

I took a quiz recently that suggested I was Mohair. I like mohair but I have not crocheted with it yet.

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?

Purple! Then I like burgandy like colors or redwine. I lik those colors for ME :) I can crochet with any color yarn I love it all.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?

Varigated yarns yes but magic stripes yarn not yet.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?

Depends on what I am making. I do use lots of Redheart to make amigurumi. I did spurlge on some pretty yarn with alpaca and made an anmigurumi frog with it. It's so soft. So I could see wanting to get luxury yarns in my future. (After, I win the lotter that is:)

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?

center pull

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?

I'll try just about anything once :)

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?

several amigurumi/stuffies
freeform hat
socks
Bohemian Jacket in Hip to Crochet
a few scarves
book marks
a baby blanket

8. Will you be crocheting any gifts this year?

I want to but sometimes life gets in the way or the muse leaves me.

9. What is your favorite one skein project?

If the skein is the right size then maybe socks. When I need a simple get the creative juices going or to calm my mind I like to make bookmarks and amigurumi.

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?

I store my yarn in big(14gal size) rubbermaid bins. I have 4 bins that are full if all the yarn is in the bins. Often the yarn escapes and is in baskets and an extra bin near my workstation.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?

No, I don't thinks so. I really want to see what the fiber can do so I want to use it :)

12. Do you crochet less or differently in the summer?

I find myself less excited to work on the afgahgn I started. My poor garden is being neglected this year with my new found passion for crochet so I "should" do some gardening and maybe a little less crochet :)

13. Do you belong to any crocheting groups (online or offline)?

I don't belong to any in person groups. I did join CGOA and want to start a chapter here. I'd love to get together in real lfe with other crocheters. Mostly, I connect with crocheters online at crochetville and through a few other email lists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home