Hey all you surfers. My blog has moved! Check it out iffin'you want

Saturday, July 22, 2006

My First Doily


my very first doily
Originally uploaded by sammimag.
Truly, I never saw myself as a doily person. After participating in the secret pal swap on crochetville and reading the blogs of may doily doers and completing my first one I think I'm hooked.

My fist doily is called Delicate Daisy - from Crochet Fantasy - 1988
It's not too bad for my first try at a doily. I may have stitched it too
tight in the center because I am having a hard time making that part
lay flat although it has not been blocked yet. I did use #10 thread
and steel hook #4 (I think.) I have since blocked it and it's till not laying as flat as I would like. I don't have a very good blocking system yet so I might try again.

I am almost finished with my second doily and I will post a pic of it soon. I ordered an out of print doily book on eBay that I can't wait to make something from it's Coffee -n- Cream by Patricia Kristofferson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Million Simmons said...

Okay, let me be the fist to say WOW! I'm not sure that it ever occured to me that people made doilies. I've seen them. Now I'm curious about where they came from (I have some hand-me-down doilies from my grandmother). Very nice. Would never guess that it was a first try.

9:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home